We are delighted to announce that the FIBIS 25 Years Conference, celebrating twenty five years since inception, will be held over three days from 10.00 am Friday morning – 27th to 4.00 pm Sunday afternoon – 29th September 2024 and we are offering quite a saving with “Early Bird” prices which will be available from now until 31st March 2024.
The arrangements for the 2024 Conference are well under way and if you subscribe to FIBIS you will have received more information and a booking form with the Autumn Journal. In the meantime, if you are anxious to reserve your place, you can book online with a deposit here.
As you probably already know, FIBIS’s main focus is research into the lives of ancestors who lived and worked in the Indian sub-continent from roughly 1600 to 1947 and the following speakers have accepted our invitation to give a presentation at the Conference and whose expertise sheds light on different parts of that episode in British history which we are sure will attract many delegates to the Conference.
- Lord Bruce – Chairman of the Kolkata (Calcutta) Scottish Heritage Trust
- Professor Nandini Das – Tutorial Fellow, Exeter College, University of Oxford
- Dr Sophie Kay – Professional Genealogist & Geneticist
- Dr Janet Few – President of Family History Federation
- Ian Waller – FSG FGRA – Vice Chairman & Education officer FFHS
- Richard Morgan – author and retired FIBIS Trustee
- Jef Page – former Lecturer and Guide at National Gallery
- Dr Susan Snell – Archivist & Records Manager at Museum of Freemasonry
- Brian Freeland – Speaker, Playwright and Author
- Still to be confirmed
We will be posting more details later as to their actual presentations, so watch this space!