Home Forums Announcements Patrick Geddes & James William Petavel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    RayBromley
    Participant

I am researching the history of two British pioneers and their families in India: Patrick Geddes (1854-1932), who spent most of the decade 1914-1924 in India, and who for a time was accompanied by his sons Alasdair and Arthur and by his wife Anna; and Captain James William Petavel (1870-1945), who came to India with the British Royal Engineers in 1889-94, and who lived in India from 1914 till his death in 1945. From 1914 onwards he was accompanied by his wife and probably by their five children, living mainly in Calcutta and Hyderabad, but traveling widely to other locations. I would appreciate any information about Geddes and Petavel voyages, residences or activities, including activities of wives and children. My e-mail is [email protected] and I’m based in Albany, New York in the USA. Ray Bromley

LIT-2236
    Participant

Hi Ray,
    Have posted a reply re your James William Petavel but may have put it in the wrong place. James’ daughter Eva was one of my father’s wives. Have info you are welcome to but not with me at present. Will email you. Mine is [email protected]
    (have been away from Fibis for awhile plus had computer problems
    Jenny Little (LIT-2236)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.