The price of membership depends on where you live.
- If you live in the UK membership is £15.00 per year
- If you live in Europe membership is £16.00 per year
- If you live Overseas, other than Europe, membership is £18.00 per year. (Australian members can pay $35 (Aus) into our Australian bank account. Please contact [email protected]).
- Paperless membership – £12 per year no matter where you live. (Australian members can pay $23 (Aus) into our Australian bank account.Please contact [email protected])
Benefits of annual membership
- Two FIBIS Journals per year issued in Spring and Autumn. These contain helpful articles about genealogical resources and background information about ancestors’ lives in India. New members are sent a copy of the latest Journal and are able to use online editions of past Journals.
- Research provided by our Research Officer at the British Library (and a limited amount at other archives). Please see Research Services for further details.
- Members-only area where you can connect with other members; watch videos of past lectures; create your own photo albums; create or join an interest group; read/contribute to the members-only blog and use the discussion forum.
- Access to members-only material.
- Society events, some of which are not available to non-members.
- A Membership Research Interest facility.
- Discounts from the FIBIS Shop – you could easily save the price of your Membership!
Are you a UK taxpayer?
If so, you can use Gift Aid to make your donations (and eligible membership fees) go further. By doing so, FIBIS can claim at least 25p on every pound because it is a UK Charity. All you need to do is tick the relevant box on check out
Application forms to post
If you would rather not join online you can apply by post using the relevant forms on the membership page.