Reposting this for those that have subscribed to the FIBIS blog posts by email as the offer expires soon and it appears gremlins prevented the emailed version of the original post being sent!
Findmypast is currently offering a discount of 10% off 12 month world subscriptions.
Please use the following links to access the landing pages for this offer and make sure you enter the promotional code DEC16ANNUAL to obtain the discount.
The world subscription includes access to the British Library British India Office Collection which according to their website currently includes:
Baptisms, marriages, and burials c.1700-1969
- Bengal 1713-1948 including Burma prior to 1937, Madras 1698-1948, Bombay 1709-1948
- Indian States 1890-1946
- St Helena 1767-1835
- Fort Marlborough (Benkulen, Sumatra) 1759-1825
- Prince of Wales Island (Penang) 1799-1829
- Macao 1820-1833
- Burma 1937-1957
- Kuwait 1937-1961
- Aden 1842-1969
- Deaths of Uncovenanted Servants 1870-1949
- Madras Army Officers’ marriage notifications 1869-1888
- Bombay Army Officers’ marriage notifications 1867-1888
- Cooper's Hill Engineering College: Birth/baptismal certificates of candidates for the Indian Telegraph Department, 1865-1869
- Cooper's Hill Engineering College: College Chapel Baptismal Register, 1897-1904
- Ecclesiastical records can include birth and death information. Papers of recruits to the military and civil services often include details of birth or baptism.
- Wills, probates, administrations, inventories 1774-1948
- Soldiers' wills 1820-1881
- Officers' wills 1831-1875
- Treasury Deposits (EIC and Indian Armies) 1792-1915 returns of estates of deceased European officers and other ranks
- Military Estate Papers 1849-1937
- Writers (Writers' petitions and Haileybury records) 1749-1856
- Bombay Marine and Pilot Service 1822-1832
- Indian Navy 1838-1859
- Indian Army 1789-1860
- Medical Officers 1787-1896
- Veterinary surgeons 1826-1859
- Indian Forest Service 1906
- Telegraph Department 1865-1869, 1877-1888
- Engineers (Cooper's Hill records) 1855-1864, 1871-1903
- Civil funds: Bengal 1885-1960, Madras 1762-c1950, Bombay 1882-1950
- Military: Lord Clive Fund 1770-1886, Bengal 1866-1950s, Madras 1808-1960, Bombay 1858-1960, Non-Effective Account for officers and warrant officers 1883-1913
- Bengal Military Orphan Society 1818-1960s
- Mercantile Marine (Poplar Fund) 1809-1838
- Indian Navy - compiled 1855 and 1864
T&Cs Apply This is 12 month premium subscriptions only. Offer ends 23.59 GMT, Friday 31st December 2016.