This is a reminder to those of you still subscribed to the old Google Feedburner version of our FIBIS news by email. In October I posted that the service would soon be discontinued and advised everyone to subscribe to our new service. Only 400 of you followed my advice and over 1000 of you are still subscribed to the Google Feedburner service! If you subscribed to FIBIS news by email after 24 October 2012 you don’t need to worry as you will already be subscribed to our new service. If you subscribed before 24 October you need to follow the steps below, if you haven’t already.
To continue receiving FIBIS news by email via our new service simply carry out the following steps:
- Go to the FIBIS website http://fibis.org
- On the right sidebar you will see a box that says FIBIS NEWS VIA EMAIL. Enter your email address in the box and click the subscribe button.
- An automated email will be sent to confirm your subscription. It will have “Follow Families In British India Society” as the subject of the email. Please find the email and click Confirm Follow to start receiving FIBIS news by email. Check your junk or spam folder if you don’t receive it within a few minutes.
- After clicking Confirm to follow you will receive another automated email with the subject Subscribed to Families In British India Society! to confirm you subscribed correctly and providing you with a link where you can manage your subscriptions.
- Now you need to cancel your old Google Feedburner emails being sent out, so go to any of the old FIBIS news emails sent by Google Feedburner and at the bottom you will see “To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.” Click unsubscribe now .
- You will then be presented with a message “Are you sure you wish to end your email subscription to: Families In British India Society News Feedâ€. Click the button that says “Yes, unsubscribe me now.”
That’s it! You should now receive our news via our new service managed by WordPress.com. If you have any problems,or would like someone to handle the switch over for you, contact the FIBIS webmaster.