FIBIS Research Gide No. 2
An Introduction to British Ships in Indian Waters : Their Owners, Crew and Passengers
By Richard Morgan with a Foreword by Lawrie Butler
Soft cover, 68 pages, with Bibliography, Index
- Part I – the East India Company’s Maritime Service
- Part II – Country Ships
- Part III – A note on Interlopers
- Part IV – The Marine Service
- Part V – Independently owned commercial (steam) Ships
- Appendix 1: Summary of information on Free Mariners and Passengers in Directories
- Appendix 2: The Indian Marine Service in the IOR L/F/10 and other Series.
Richard Morgan’s FIBIS Research Guide No 2 is in a class of its own. Information on various aspects of Marine Transport in Indian Waters is very fragmentary and it is a tribute to Richard’s analytical powers and his assimilation of facts that a very worthwhile manual has been produced.
This is yet another reference book published under the auspices of FIBIS and I [Lawrie Butler] have no hesitation in recommending the book to both members and the general public. Their time will be well spent. (Snippet taken from the Introduction).
FIBIS Members: £3.60
BUY ONLINE NOW in the FIBIS Shop